Friday 16 August 2013

Help needed from my fellow bloggers

I am and have been trying to sell this handsome little bugger to a good home where he will be loved and worked with but i havnt done much buying and selling of horses so my knowledge in the matter is fairly limited. I posted him on Kijiji (canadian craigslist) and had two responses one lady offering me less than half my asking price as she was buying it for her 8 year old son to start....(yeah right lady) and the other wanted photos of his whithers and chest which she never responded further than that.

Any tips on what the add should look like? Where should i post him... and a reasonable price for him?

He is 1.5 years old, can be registered. Is gelded and up to date on all shots/worming/ferrier, loads like a champ (better than my 7 year old) and is a sweet calm quite guy who needs to go to a home that can afford him first of all and has the time to start him properly.

I need him to sell fairly soon.... but i will hold on to him if the right home doesnt come along.

Any and all advice is more than welcome!

1 comment:

  1. Get some good pictures of him ( groomed, standing square on level groud etc).. Give his basics- height, age, what he's done, lineage.. Idk about price in your area but an unregistered 1.5 year old would sell for prob under $1000.

    Good luck!! Craigslist can be hard because you get some crazies!! :)

    ReplyDelete